This is a delicious treat to serve to family and friends. The marshmallows make a sweet, sticky filling between a sponge cake-type base and crunchy topping.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Arrange marshmallows evenly over cake; bake 2 minutes longer. Cool for 30 minutes.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir in cereal. Spread over marshmallow layer. Chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 198 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Crunch Bars in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.