Crumb-Topped Sweet Potato Bake
With lots of spice and bright orange flavor, this heartwarming sweet potato dish is perfect for fall, winter and special holiday meals. The citrus and honey make for a delightful spin on a traditional sweet potato casserole. —Billie Moss, Walnut Creek, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 505 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato with Orange and Pecans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.