A pretty crumb topping blankets this nice seafood entree from Kathy Brodin of Wauwautosa, Wisconsin. "I won't make scallops any other way," she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 6 fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, butter and parsley; set aside. Place scallops and mushrooms in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Combine wine or broth, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over scallop mixture.
- Cover and microwave at 50% power for 1-1/2 minutes; drain. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Cover and microwave at 50% power 3-1/2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque, stirring once. Serve with lemon if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 162 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Scallops in Quick Cooking November/December 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.