Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine rhubarb, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Spoon into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over rhubarb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 4, 2013
I followed the recipe step-by-step and I ended up with a soupy mess. I baked it at 350 for 65 minutes and it never did set up. What an awful waste of fresh rhubarb and ingredients! :-(
Jun 28, 2011
So easy & so delicious!
Jun 6, 2011
Quick and easy and very very yummy! I might use a little less butter next time because I like my topping dryish, but really really good!
Jul 7, 2010
this was very quick and easy to make, and very delicious, a big hit with everyone!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.