Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine rhubarb, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Spoon into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over rhubarb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2013
I followed the recipe step-by-step and I ended up with a soupy mess. I baked it at 350 for 65 minutes and it never did set up. What an awful waste of fresh rhubarb and ingredients! :-(
Jun 28, 2011
So easy & so delicious!
Jun 6, 2011
Quick and easy and very very yummy! I might use a little less butter next time because I like my topping dryish, but really really good!
Jul 7, 2010
this was very quick and easy to make, and very delicious, a big hit with everyone!