A crunchy golden topping contrasts nicely with the creamy mushroom mixture. Mushrooms lovers help themselves to generous servings of this comforting casserole. With only five ingredients, it couldn't be easier to prepare.—Clara Honeyager, North Prairie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) butter-flavored crackers, crushed, divided
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of cracker crumbs and butter; set aside.
- Divide half of the mushrooms among three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs; top with remaining mushrooms.
- Pour cream over all. Sprinkle with buttered crumbs and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 106 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Mushrooms in Taste of Home December/January 1999
Dec 4, 2014
Prepared this as a side for our church's valentine dinner. Complimented the steak dinner very well. Received alot of nice compliments on it. I have also cut it down to a family size portion to serve at home.