Crumb-Topped Cranberry Cake Recipe
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda; cut in 3 ounces cream cheese until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk 1 egg, milk and oil; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Spread batter into a greased and floured 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and remaining egg; carefully spread over batter. Sprinkle with coconut. Dollop with cranberry sauce. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top.
- 4. Bake 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 323 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Cranberry Cake
"I made this for my hair dresser and she and her fellow coworkers loved it. The cake was moist, but dense and heavy like a typical coffee cake. The cranberry and coconut were a nice combination. The cake was gone in less time than it took to cut my hair. I would make this again for a brunch or to give as a housewarming gift. The only change I made was to use half cake flour and half all-purpose, only because I wanted to use up my cake flour."
"cake was extemely dry."
"This cake was very dry and had no flavour. Very dissapointing."
"I found this a little on the dry side. Looked absolutely stunning when I released it from the spring form pan but disappointed with the flavor."