Crumb-Topped Cranberry Cake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda; cut in 3 ounces cream cheese until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk 1 egg, milk and oil; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Spread batter into a greased and floured 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and remaining egg; carefully spread over batter. Sprinkle with coconut. Dollop with cranberry sauce. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 323 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 20, 2013
I made this for my hair dresser and she and her fellow coworkers loved it. The cake was moist, but dense and heavy like a typical coffee cake. The cranberry and coconut were a nice combination. The cake was gone in less time than it took to cut my hair. I would make this again for a brunch or to give as a housewarming gift. The only change I made was to use half cake flour and half all-purpose, only because I wanted to use up my cake flour.
Feb 17, 2012
Cake was extemely dry.
Dec 10, 2010
This cake was very dry and had no flavour. Very dissapointing.
Dec 4, 2010
I found this a little on the dry side. Looked absolutely stunning when I released it from the spring form pan but disappointed with the flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.