- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and cauliflower to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook nuts and bread crumbs in butter for 1 minute. Add onions and parsley; cook and stir until onions are tender and nuts and crumbs are lightly browned. Stir in lemon juice. Drain cauliflower and transfer to a serving dish; top with crumb mixture.
3/4 cup: 309 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 25, 2015
The crumb topping is outstanding and so easy to make. I used ground almonds because that is all I had. Absolutely loved the lemon juice in the mixture. This recipe would be good on anything calling for a crumb topping, IMO!!
Dec 31, 1969
This recipe is easy and delicious. I cook the cauliflower in the microwave covered with plastic with slit in top for approx. 5 minutes. I have made this recipe numerous time and everyone just loves it.