Crumb-Topped Broccoli Medley
Toasted almonds, Parmesan cheese and a full-flavored seasoning blend lend plenty of pizzazz to the crumb topping on these steamed veggies. They're crisp-tender and colorful, too.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 small carrots, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free tomato basil garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place vegetables in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In as small skillet, toast bread crumbs in butter. Add remaining ingredients; toss. Place vegetables in a bowl; sprinkle with crumb topping.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Mrs. Dash salt-free tomato basil garlic seasoning blend.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 124 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Broccoli Medley in Light & Tasty December/January 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.