Toasted almonds, Parmesan cheese and a full-flavored seasoning blend lend plenty of pizzazz to the crumb topping on these steamed veggies. They're crisp-tender and colorful, too.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 small carrots, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free tomato basil garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place vegetables in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In as small skillet, toast bread crumbs in butter. Add remaining ingredients; toss. Place vegetables in a bowl; sprinkle with crumb topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Broccoli Medley in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p20