- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the eggs, milk, orange peel and extracts; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries ( batter will be stiff). Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCrumb-Topped Blueberry Muffins
"Super good! I loved the addition of almond and vanilla extract. It made them taste similar to the blueberry muffins at the Costco bakery. I added an extra 1/3 c. sugar to the recipe and left off the crumb topping and it was perfect. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"adoppermann. ok we get it you dont like it. get over it already. i have been using this recipe for years and have had alot of success with it. I dont use as much extract as called for and I dont ad the orange peel. as I allways have I adjust recipes to my taste. thats called cooking!"
"Yummo! Love these muffins! easy! Perfect after 18 minutes in the oven."