Crumb-Topped Baked Pineapple
Sweet fruit and a crunchy topping give this comforting side dish plenty of old-fashioned goodness. It's the perfect tummy warmer for any cold-weather occasion.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and pineapple. Stir in cheese and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Baked Pineapple in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.