—Nancy Brown, Janesville, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Place the asparagus in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add lemon juice and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs; cook and stir until crumbs are lightly browned. Drain asparagus; arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with crumb mixture and egg. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Asparagus Polanaise in Reminisce March/April 2006