Crumb-Topped Apple Raspberry Tarts
When I was a girl, my dad raised and sold red and black raspberries for extra money. When berries were at their peak, the whole family was out there picking. This pie was our favorite.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3/4 cup halved thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the raspberries and apple. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apple mixture; gently toss to coat evenly. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Divide pie pastry in half and roll each half into a 7-in. circle. Transfer pastry to two ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removal bottoms. Trim pastry even with edge. Spoon raspberry mixture into pastry shells. Drizzle with melted butter.
- For topping, in a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over raspberry mixture. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.