Crumb-Crusted Pork Roast with Root Vegetables Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix honey, molasses and mustard; brush over roast.
- In a large bowl, mix sage, thyme and rosemary. In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and 2 teaspoons of the herb mixture; press onto roast.
- Add vegetables, oil, salt and pepper to remaining herb mixture; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around roast.
- Roast 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan; let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCrumb-Crusted Pork Roast with Root Vegetables
"I'm a big fan of root vegetables and this recipe turned out fantastic. I even added some beets as well. Company had very positive things to say."
"I switched out the veggies to ones we liked, but this roast was awesome! We loved the sweet flavor and the bread crumbs."
"I personally loved having different veggies to serve, especially seasonal ones. The pork turned out fine, even though I didn't use molasses. Good recipe."
"I agree that the vegetables weren't something I would make again, but the pork was amazing and tender. We'll definitely be making the roast again--just pairing it with veggies and starches that we like better than these."
"The meat was dry, the veggies were gross. This may be personal preference, but I didn't like it and won't be making it again."