Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place brussels sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the sesame seeds and garlic in oil and butter for 2-3 minutes or until sesame seeds are lightly browned. Add the bread crumbs and bacon; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. Add the brussels sprouts, cheese, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 207 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2015
My husband and I both really enjoyed this recipe. I do think there is a little too much butter, oil, and breadcrumbs called for. While the crumbs did crisp up some, they were close to greasy from having soaked up too much fat. And there were too many of them in the dish. But with those adjustments, this would be 5 star worthy to us. I did slice up a few almonds since I didn't have any sesame seeds. They worked great as a substitute.