- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Brush potatoes with butter; roll in crumb mixture until coated.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCrumb-Coated Potato Halves
"I stumbled across this family-favorite recipe while browsing through some TOH issues, looking for meal ideas. This dish was very popular when our six children were home. I added 1 tsp. of garlic powder to the crumb mixture, & some of our kids would dip the potatoes in spaghetti sauce! A very versatile recipe to suit to your family's tastes!"
"If you're in a hurry or worried about time, partially cook your potato halves in the microwave. That will give you a head start."