- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the flour, egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with salsa.
1 each: 411 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.