This crumb cake has been a family favorite for years. The first time I took it to work as a treat for my co-workers, my boss told me that his grandmother used to make the same cake. He said she called it "kuchen" and served it in a bowl, broken into chunks, with milk poured on top. You can serve it plain for breakfast, or with whipped cream as a dessert.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Whipped topping and pecan halves, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Remove 1 cup mixture and combine with cinnamon and nuts; set aside. To remaining crumb mixture, add milk and baking powder. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle the reserved crumb topping over batter. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped topping and a pecan half if desired.
1 piece: 260 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 24, 2018I made it according to your recipe, took it out and let it col, when I started to cut it into squares, it was still gooy and not done, so I put back into a 350 oven for 20 more minutes, still not done. raised the tempe to 375 put in for 20 more minutes, if it does not get done I am going to toss it into the trash and throw your recipe with it.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC