- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crumbled, divided
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place half in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Layer with mushrooms, two-thirds of the onions and all of the vegetables. Top with remaining beef.
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and 1/2 cup sour cream; cook over low heat until heated through. Pour over beef. Cut each biscuit in half; arrange cut side down around edge of dish. Sprinkle remaining onions in center of casserole.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, celery seed, salt and remaining sour cream; drizzle over biscuits. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCrowned Beef Bake
"This was very good, but next time I will thaw the verges before cooking as it was still not warm enough after cooking for the required amount of time."
"This casserole comes out looking beautiful. It tastes pretty good. My kids and husband liked it, but weren't blown away. I would make it again."
"Im not a big fan of frozen vegetables but it worked well in this recipe. Making it Super fast to prepare. I love the flavors from the cream of celery soup and french fried onions. MMMMMMMmmmm it was fabulous. Thank you for the great idea. I will use this when I don't have much time to cook something."
"My family loved this recipe. Next time I will add more ground beef, however, there were no complaints as is. It looked and tasted great!"