- 1 pork crown roast (12 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- APRICOT DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Brush sides of roast with preserves. Bake 1-1/2-2 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- For dressing, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in apricots and seasonings. Add bread crumbs; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Carve roast between ribs; serve with dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCrown Roast with Apricot Dressing
"This was my first time making a crown roast and it was so good. I will make it again. My whole family loved it."