Crown Jewel Salad
A raspberry dressing and fruits liven up a package of mixed salad greens in this recipe from our Test Kitchen home economists.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a small bowl, mash 2 tablespoons raspberries; strain, reserving juice. Place greens on salad plates. Top with the orange sections, star fruit, kiwi and remaining raspberries.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, onion powder and reserved raspberry juice. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
Editor's Note: One medium pomegranate may be substituted for the raspberries. Remove the pomegranate seeds; mash 2 tablespoons of seeds, reserving juice. Use the juice in the salad dressing, and serve the remaining pomegranate seeds in the salad.