Crown Jewel Patties Side Dish Recipe
This is a "Golden Oldie" recipe in more ways than one#&151;it's old-fashioned and has been in my family for years, and the golden color (which is how the recipe got its name) is an attractive addition to any menu. It's a fun and different way to serve carrots!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cup mashed cooked carrots
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg. Add mayonnaise, onion, oil, salt, pepper and carrots; mix well. Add the bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. (If mixture is to wet to handle, add more crumbs.) Shape into 10 to 12 patties coat with cornflakes.
- 2. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Yield: 5-6 servings.
2 each: 305 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Crown Jewel Patties Side Dish
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2017
"I found these too dry and bland."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC