Crowd-Pleasing Potato Salad
Everyone loves potato salad but not everyone can enjoy it. This recipe allows everyone, no matter what their diet, to enjoy potato salad.—Marcille Meyer, Battle Creek, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 gallon potatoes (about 16 large), cooked, peeled and sliced
- 10 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a large salad bowl. Separate eggs. Chop whites and add to potatoes with onion. Toss gently. In another bowl, mash yolks with Miracle Whip, cream, vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt. Pour over potatoes and stir to coat. Cover and chill.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 417 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Crowd-Pleasing Potato Salad in Reminisce May/June 1993