Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Salad
I combined parts of several recipes to come up with this one. I'm a busy mother of five and like to fix meals that are quick and easy. I've served this salad at banquets and received many requests for the recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Cantaloupe, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in rice, celery, green pepper, onion, pineapple, water chestnuts and cheese. Add almonds just before serving if desired. Serve on cantaloupe halves or wedges if desired, or use as a sandwich spread.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 463 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Salad in Country Extra May 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.