Crowd-Pleasing Apple Dumplings
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 15 medium apples, peeled and halved
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Flatten biscuits with hand. Wrap each biscuit around an apple half; place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Combine sugar, water, butter and vanilla; pour about 1-2/3 cups into each pan. Sprinkle cinnamon over dumplings. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 164 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 12, 2011
I really enjoyed this recipe, it is VERY easy, and I divided it into thirds, cause we don't have 30 people in our house! Very yummy and sweet, this is a keeper! I did use more cinnamon, because we really like it.
Dec 4, 2010
Very good dish, everyone in family loves it. I have made this several times now
Dec 27, 2009
I love this recipe. I have made it for several years...delicious.