- 3 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 15 medium apples, peeled and halved
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Flatten biscuits with hand. Wrap each biscuit around an apple half; place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Combine sugar, water, butter and vanilla; pour about 1-2/3 cups into each pan. Sprinkle cinnamon over dumplings. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Serve immediately. Yield: 30 servings.
Reviews forCrowd-Pleasing Apple Dumplings
"I really enjoyed this recipe, it is VERY easy, and I divided it into thirds, cause we don't have 30 people in our house! Very yummy and sweet, this is a keeper! I did use more cinnamon, because we really like it."
"Very good dish, everyone in family loves it. I have made this several times now"
"I love this recipe. I have made it for several years...delicious."