- 1 cup stuffed olives, finely chopped
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 round loaf (2 pounds) unsliced Italian bread
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 12 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese (about 16 slices)
- 1 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Cut bread in half horizontally. Carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- Spread 1-1/2 cups olive mixture over bottom of bread shell. Spread remaining olive mixture over top of bread shell. In bottom of bread, layer the turkey, half of the cheese, salami, remaining cheese and ham. Replace bread top. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forCrowd-Pleasin' Muffuletta
"We made a paste of the first 7 ingredients in the food processer. We loved this hearty treat!"