This old-fashioned side uses lots of delicious tomatoes and seasonings that give it an Italian twist. Every time I serve it, someone asks for the recipe. —Norma Nelson, Punta Gorda, Florida
Featured In: 48 Ways to Cook Fresh, Juicy Tomatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Arrange tomatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with bread cubes. Combine the butter, salt, basil and thyme; drizzle over bread and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Crouton Casserole in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p44
Reviews forCrouton Tomato Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2017
"Use herbed stuffing mix"
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2010
"Everytime I have extra tomatoes I make this. It is so easy and flavorful."