- VANILLA SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 2 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 3 eggs
- 4 croissants, split
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine flour, egg yolks and vanilla; set aside. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the whipping cream and sugar to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot cream into egg yolk mixture; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in ice cream until melted. Set aside.
- For berry sauce, combine raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Dip both sides of croissants in egg mixture. On a griddle, brown croissants on both sides in butter. Serve with vanilla and berry sauces. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCroissant French Toast
"Wow! To die for."
"Loved it although I had no idea what I was suppose to do with the white cream sauce at first. I decided place the toast in a little pool of the cream sauce and add the berries on top and the mixture with the berries and cream was like heaven."
"One of the best breakfasts I have ever had!"
"I get lots of requests to make this for Mother's Day and Christmas Day brunch. It is a family favorite."
"This is wonderful french toast. It looks so elegant, and is as tasty as it looks. Very impressive for a Sunday Brunch."
"My whole family just loves these croissants. They're so yummy!"
"this recipe ivery rich and worthy of a special occasion brunch"