Croissant Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 jar (18 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 croissants, split
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Quartered fresh strawberries
- 1. In a small bowl, mix marmalade, preserves, orange juice and peel. Arrange croissant bottoms in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with 1-1/2 cups marmalade mixture. Add croissant tops.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk eggs, cream and extract; pour over croissants. Spoon remaining marmalade mixture over tops. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 314 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Croissant Breakfast Casserole
"made this last night for sunday morning breakfast family loved it expecially with the orange marmalade big hit"
"I used individual casserole dishes and fit one croissant into each one. I divided the other ingredients accordingly for individual servings. I served this for breakfast. My guests loved it but it was a little sweet for me. Next time, I might spread cream cheese between the croissant halves to add another flavor, then cut down a bit on the jams. And maybe sprinkle crumbled bacon on top."
"Our church made this for a Mother Daughter lunch. Everyone loved it. I can't wait to try it with vanilla ice cream. Yummy"
"This was totally awesome and a huge hit at Easter brunch. I substituted peach preserves for the orange marmalade and apricot preserves. My daughter-in-law loves peach cobbler and said it reminded her of that only better."