"This colorful confetti salad was served at my youngest son's summer wedding reception," writes Linda Dow of Bradford, Pennsylvania. "The hearty blend soaks up refreshing flavor from easy bottled dressing and tastes even better when it's made ahead of time and chilled overnight."
Recommended: The 99 Most American Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Crisscross Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p10
Reviews forCrisscross Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review