- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 to 3 ounces sliced American cheese
- In a large bowl, combine egg, ketchup, crushed crackers, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. In a shallow baking dish, shape meat mixture into a 7x3x2-in. loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until no pink remains. Cut cheese slices into strips; arrange cheese in a crisscross pattern over meat loaf. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCrisscross Meat Loaf
"Family loved it. Would make it again"
"I made this last night, it was great :)"
"i don't use ketchup in my meatloaf. It appears to look uncooked. I just use eggs, salt, pepper, worchestershire sauce, garlic, crackers, & onions and a bit of sage. mix it well and shape into loaf pan sprayed with pam. bake @350 for 1 hr. and serve with mashed or baked taters....a vegie and presto... my husbands favorite dinner."