Crispy Sunflower Cookies Recipe
These cookies are so yummy and so easy to put together. The ingredients are always on hand so they will be done in no time at all.—Margaret Janssen, Emery, South Dakota
- 1-1/4 cups shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and sunflower kernels.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 4 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 231 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Sunflower Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC