- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves. Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese inside each shrimp. Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise; wrap a piece around each shrimp and secure with toothpicks.
- In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Coat the shrimp with flour; dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Reviews forCrispy Shrimp Poppers
"Awesome recipe. Takes a little time but is definitely worth it. So very delicious."
"Had so much fun making this recipe and eating it. Hubby says he can't wait until I make it again!"
"One word : Delicious"
"these are actually harder to make than they look, the prep time was longer than 40 mins and ours didnt look like the pictures, i think because the shrimp needs to be bigger. we will try it again, next time using jumbo shrimp and much more cream cheese would improve it, ours didnt look like the picture, but it tasted good."