- 4 pounds cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with milk, butter and salt. Stir in cheese; chill for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Combine cornflakes and sesame seeds. Shape potato mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in cornflake mixture.
- Place on baking sheets; cover and freeze until firm. Transfer to a large resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen potatoes: Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCrispy Potato Puffs
"Unique way to serve mashed potatoes! It does make quite a few but I froze so we can have again for another meal."
"Fantastic way to use left over mashed potatoes! I did add about 1 ounce of cream cheese but that was my only change and it made a wonderful crispy outside, creamy interior with NO deep frying. I froze a bunch and made the mistake of trying to thaw a couple before baking - don't bother!! bake from frozen and bask in the accolades. Thanks so much for the recipe."
"I made extra potatoes and used leftovers to make these. I used a cookie dough scope so they were the same size. Love that they are crispy on the outside and creamy inside. Fast for supper."
"My family loved these! A perfect potato side dish and a great change of pace from mashed or boiled potatoes! Since you can freeze these until you are ready to bake them, the potato puffs are very convenient to make on a busy weeknight! Next time, I'll try adding green onions and bacon bits prior to freezing, for a loaded baked potato taste!"
"Recommened My Kid love these..... Ok my wife too. Really suggest making as stiff as possible so careful when orinally mashing not to make too runny"
"My family really likes these. I added some cream cheese to boost the flavor. I will definitely make them again."
"These were really good! I also added some sour cream and chives and it added a lot of good flavor! I thought they could have used more salt and some pepper. I added some after they came out of the oven and they were super yummy!! I will definitely make these again!"
"These are delicious. They do take some time to make, but are yummy in the end. I added some cream cheese and chives to the potato mixture to kick the flavor up a bit."
"Excellent. They seemed kind of time consuming when l started but well worth it. Everyone loved them, they looked so nice too."