Crispy Potato Cubes Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, thyme, marjoram and pepper. Add potatoes; seal bag and shake to coat. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; stir in the garlic. Add potatoes and bay leaf.
- 2. Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned and tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 295 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Potato Cubes
"These are very good, and they didn't tend to burn like the ranch potatoes I've tried to make before w/ ranch dressing mix. One could experiment and change up the herbs used in this, but I think the thyme and marjoram are a good combo."
"These were very good and easy to make!"
"These are the best tasting baked potatoes I have had in a long time."
"THese are SO good, tasty and easy!"
"My husband isn't one for "fancy" seasonings - basically anything other than salt, pepper, or seasoning salt, but he LOVED these! He asked why I hadn't made them before.The only thing I did a little different - I added a little less than a teaspoon of rosemary. My thyme and marjoram weren't the freshest and I was afraid the potatoes wouldn't season well. This will probably become a staple, go-to recipe in my house as well! Not difficult to make at all!"
"This is one of the best potato recipes we have ever tried. Will definitely become a staple in our household."
"Absolutely THE BEST potato recipe I've found!!! My family can't get enough of them. I have to make a double batch each time I make them, which has become about once a week. Thanks for a GREAT treat!"
"These are fabulous!"
"My husband and sons gave these potato cubes 2 thumbs up! However, I mixed the melted butter and garlic in a ziploc bag, added the potato cubes and shook them to coat - then spread them in the baking pan."
"These are extremely good! A receipe I'll do quite a bit!!"
"These are delicious! Will definitely make them again!"
"Made them and the are delicious. Can't wait to make the again.Mary"
"Wow!-these look and sound so delicious-can't wait to try them."