- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken in two batches; shake to coat. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with potato flakes. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken; bake 30 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCrispy Potato Chicken
"This recipe is easy to fix with great results!!"
"This is my favorite baked chicken recipe. It has been a family staple for years. In fact, it may have been the 1st TOH recipe I ever made."
"I tried this today... my family loved it. I used half butter and half extra virgin olive oil. Next time I will cut this back some. It was a little too greasy. Great recipe, though. I will definitely make it again."
"Hands down, this is a favorite recipe. I've been making it for years and we enjoy it hot, or cold. I especially like making it to take on our 4th of July picnic! I do use skinless breasts as I'm not a skin fan and it works just as well."
"This sounds heavenly! I purchase a similar dish: Cod with crusted Cheddar cheese, mashed potatoes and chives. I eat that main course nearly everyday for lunch. But I love chicken equally. I can't believe I never thought of substituting chicken instead of cod. I would however, use boneless chicken tenders or breast for the recipe. But I'll definitely try it out soon! Thank you for the recipe. I too love cod / chicken cold. Delicious!"