Crispy Picnic Chicken Recipe
- 20 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Dip chicken in butter and then roll in crumb mixture, coating both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Serve hot or chilled. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Picnic Chicken
"The coating of this chicken was soggy."
"My grandma used bread crumbs instead of the cracker crumbs but both are delicious! I have also added french fried onions to coating mix when processing bread/cracker crumbs! Triple the recipe and save in a jar or sealed plastic bag for quick meals. It is also good for pork chops! One other hint is to line baking sheet with parchment paper for no mess cleanup. The coating tends to stick to the pan. This recipe brings back fond memories of my grandma!"
"very good one! my family love it!"