Crispy Picnic Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 20 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Place the butter in a shallow bowl. Dip a few pieces of chicken at a time in butter, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Serve hot or chilled.
Sep 11, 2013
The coating of this chicken was soggy.
Aug 15, 2013
Very good and easy to put together. I turned the oven temp. to 425 for last 10 minutes of baking time because I like a crispy coating.
Aug 7, 2013
My grandma used bread crumbs instead of the cracker crumbs but both are delicious! I have also added french fried onions to coating mix when processing bread/cracker crumbs! Triple the recipe and save in a jar or sealed plastic bag for quick meals. It is also good for pork chops! One other hint is to line baking sheet with parchment paper for no mess cleanup. The coating tends to stick to the pan. This recipe brings back fond memories of my grandma!
Nov 30, 2009
very good one! my family love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.