- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt white baking chips and remaining shortening. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews forCrispy Peanut Butter Balls
"I only have crunchy peanut butter. Can it be used instead of creamy?"
"These are terrific. Reminds me of a cross between a cookie and a truffle."
"These turned out great and tasted great as well. You definitely need to use shortening and not butter for the chocolate coating."
"Took these to a company Christmas Party and had lots of requests for the recipe! They were a hit!"
"Oh so yummy. Spray hands with Pam when rollling balls less sticky"
"These are SO good! I love the crunch to these and will definitely make them again. I don't think I'll ever go back to plain buckeyes!"
"I have made these before. Now I would use a gluten free crispy rice cereal to my daughter that is Celiac could enjoy them with us."
"SO Yummy! SO easy!"