Crispy Orange-Almond Cookies
I like to serve these light crispy cookies with ice cream or sherbet. The recipe is a personal favorite because it came from a good friend.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange juice, peel and extract. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.