Crispy Onion Wings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potato chips, onions, cornmeal and seasonings. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Dip chicken wings in eggs. Add shrimp to bag, a few at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat; press crumb mixture into chicken.
- Place wings in prepared pan; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and coating is crisp.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 420 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Feb 26, 2018
I made these with Chicken Breast instead of wings. My 13 yr old is particular and really liked it. I thought it was good, but not amazing.
Sep 4, 2012
Excellent! I made these for a party recently and they were a huge hit. They are nice and crispy - you would never know they were baked!
Mar 4, 2012
OMG! Yum... and Supper Crunchy! That's all I have to say.
Oct 25, 2011
Where did the shrimp come from?