Crispy Onion Wings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potato chips, onions, cornmeal and seasonings. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Dip chicken wings in eggs. Add shrimp to bag, a few at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat; press crumb mixture into chicken.
- Place wings in prepared pan; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and coating is crisp.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 420 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2018
I made these with Chicken Breast instead of wings. My 13 yr old is particular and really liked it. I thought it was good, but not amazing.
Sep 4, 2012
Excellent! I made these for a party recently and they were a huge hit. They are nice and crispy - you would never know they were baked!
Mar 4, 2012
OMG! Yum... and Supper Crunchy! That's all I have to say.
Oct 25, 2011
Where did the shrimp come from?