Crispy Oat Cookies
This cookies are a favorite of my family. My mother-in-law, Cindy Malszycki, shared this recipe with me.—Stephanie Malszycki, Ft. Myers, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat the butter, oil and 1 cup sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the butter mixture. Stir in the cereal, oats, coconut and nuts.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in some of the remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 82 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Crispy Oat Cookies in Light & Tasty April/May 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.