Crispy Mexican Truffles
Cinnamon, cayenne, and crunch! These chocolate truffles have an unexpected hint of heat. —Shelly Bevington-Fisher, Hermiston, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, chocolate and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflakes, cinnamon and cayenne. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflake mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 98 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 9, 2015
In my personal opinion the truffles were not as good as i would have hoped. I was making these for my spanish project and i got an F becasue it was bad so thanks i guess
Jan 24, 2013
absolutely will make again very soon!!