- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- Combine the first four ingredients; mix well. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato mixture; press with a spatula to flatten evenly. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until bottom is crispy. Invert onto a serving plate. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forCrispy Mashed Potato Pancake
"My family loves these!! we had salmon patties and a vegetable and viola, dinner was served"
"I have to agree with the first 2 reviews. Even tried it with Spaghetti sauce as a dipper. No flavor, really bland. Not going to make again!"
"The patties fell apart and the Italian seasoning was too strong. I do a lot of Italian cooking and like spices in our food, but this was just not good, sorry to say. I have found more than 99% of TOH recipes to be just great."
"This recipe, frankly, was awful. The taste was not bad, but the texture was terrible. When cooking, the bottom burned and the middle and top never cooked at all. Will not be making this again."