I love finding ways to use holiday leftovers. These potato cakes use the mashed potatoes, stuffing and breadcrumbs. To go all out, add meat and cheese. —Jeri Psikal, Norman, Oklahoma
Recommended: 21 Restaurant Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup cooked stuffing
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup French-fried onions, crushed
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, baking mix, stuffing and eggs until blended. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix onions and bread crumbs. Shape 1/4 cupfuls of the potato mixture into 3/4-in.-thick patties. Dip patties in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Mashed Potato Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p166