These chocolaty treats are suggested by Bridgetown, Nova Scotia field editor Joyce Jackson. "They keep well in the fridge, but I never have to store them for very long," she says.
Recommended: Neapolitan Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and sugar; set aside. Place the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for about 1 minute; stir gently until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Fudge Treats in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p64
Reviews forCrispy Fudge Treats
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2011
"Not too bad for a recipe that only takes a few minutes to make. I will be making this again."