- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt and the remaining flour and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Fried Chicken
Sort By :
"Very, very good fried chicken. Perfect for the camping trip we went on. Made enough for a few meals and there were no leftovers!"
"This was a really good fried chicken recipe. I also tried it on some boneless chicken and it was great."
"My mom never made fried chicken and did not grow up ever eating it. I am a sucker for fried chicken and get it whenever I can. I kind of drug my heels at attempting this BUT This was not only easy, it was quick too. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Finger lickin good!!!"
"This was my first time making fried chicken! This was delicious and will definitely make it again!"