- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt and the remaining flour and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Fried Chicken
"jeanemed, don't give up on the recipe. try it again, and this time stick to the recipe. do what it says."
"This is one of my favorite coating recipes."
"I made this with boneless breast tenders, using 2 Tbsp garlic powder and 1 tsp seasoned salt. It turned out great and the whole family loves it. After frying the chicken, I drained the grease through a steel strainer (catching the grease in a heat resistant bowl), used a few tsps of the grease with the remaining seasoned flour, and thinned with chicken broth to make gravy. Everything was great! Thank you for sharing!!"
"My entire family loved this recipe! I made it with boneless , skinless breasts and thighs and fried it in an electric skillet to maintain exact temperature. It was full of flavor, was crispy without being greasy, and was moist and tender. I will only use this recipe for fried chicken from now on."
"I have searched and searched. I can honestly say this recipe was awesome. I made this tonight as described. I just halved everything cause I was by myself. It was very crispy and light. And yes I will be making it this way from now on. Thanks for sharing."
"I was sure I was going to love this recipe. The preparation sounded like a great idea. As it turned out, it just seemed like a lot of flour with little flavor--I even added extra seasoning and spices, but I felt like the quantity of flour overwhelmed it.I realize though, that I didn't follow the recipe exactly, so it may be that the recipe is a lot better than I'm giving it credit for. I prepared the recipe with skinless chicken tenders. The fact that I wasn't using chicken with skin may have been a huge game player. Maybe the fat from the skin is important to the crunch of the chicken. Maybe it tastes better using s bone-in chicken with skin. Not sure. At any rate, I won't be using this recipe again."
"I have made this twice now and is very good. I added some red pepper but that is all I needed to do. My wife and grand children all loved it."
"Can u fry chicken in a cast iron skillet instead of deep fryer?"