Crispy Eggplant Bruschetta Recipe
One word describes this summer appetizer..."wonderful"! The crispy exterior of the tender eggplant slices and the robust taste of tomato and basil topping create a dynamic flavor duo. It's delicious served chilled or at room temperature.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Place eggs in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip eggplant in the flour mixture, eggs, then bread crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook eggplant in batches in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and basil. Top each eggplant slice with mozzarella cheese and tomato mixture. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 204 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Eggplant Bruschetta
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2013
"This is delicious!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC